Green Bay, the hidden paradise in Banyuwangi, Indonesia

As you guys know from my instagram story that I crosses from Bali to Banyuwangi by ferry ship. Besides Banyuwangi city was the city where my mom born that my family always visited twice in a year, also I want to explore it further.


Banyuwangi is the easternmost city on the island of Java also the closest city next to Bali. No wonder in Banyuwangi has a lot of hidden beach as well with blue and green water. With my cousin who lived in Banyuwangi, as my guide to accompany me exploring the most beautiful place in Banyuwangi called Green Bay.

I already wrote about Banyuwangi in Telunjuk Raung Waterfall Banyuwangi

Started from Banyuwangi central city where I stayed at mom's house using my cousin's motorcycle since 7 morning. We were about 3 hours driving and passing by dozens of village which I never heard before. And we also spent an hour waiting for the rain to stop and decided to breakfast at local fast food. Yeah unlucky us went to beach in rainfal season.

GREEN BAY


As the name green, the bay is really green when viewed from  distance.  It is very different from most bays or seas that I have visited before which are usually blue. Due to the information, the green colour of the water from the reflected of algae under the sea water.

Green Bay maybe not popular as the other beach in Banyuwangi such as Sukamade beach, red sea beach, and others famous beach, because of the place is really hidden behind the hill that looks like islands surrounds the beach also need effort to reach it.

When I saw this place for the first time from others blogger, this place pulled me down from my comfort zone to explore it. Most of my friends already know that I used to hate everything that relate with nature such as mountain, beach and other things which need effort to reach it.





Besides the green water that mesmerized me, sounding waves hit the rock its really calmed my mind. Also the soft sands that made me sleep on it while hearing the birds chirping inside the green forest surround the beach. Thats what I called paradise.












I spent 2 hours in here, had fun with my cousin and talked with stranger who recommend me to visit another beautiful beach in Banyuwangi, enjoyed the wind after the rain til I fell a sleep, hearing the waves when hit big rocks and the sound was like rocks dropped from the cliff, and played with the clear water also let the waves hit my feet til I got wet.






ROUTE 
from Banyuwangi City to Green Bay

Many beautiful places in Indonesia such as beaches with incredible views, but not easy to reach it. So do the Green Bay.

The trip to Green Bay Beach takes about 3 hours drive from Banyuwangi City. I thought this place close to the red sea which I have visited before but it's about tens km further. Also the condition of the road was not really good with the bad weather, mud and flood everywhere. And a bit slippery.

I started from 7 AM from Karangrejo village where I stayed, and then I followed the google maps that I wrote to Rajegwesi beach which the closest beach from Green Bay, and then passing by Rogojampi - Srono - Benculuk - Jajag - Pesanggaran - Sungail Lembu plantation - Sarongan - Rajegwesi beach - 1 km by walking to the Green Bay beach.



Sungail Lembu Plantation

The Gate of Taman Nasional Meru Betiri

The location of Green Bay Beach inside Taman Nasional Meru Betiri. After passing by several villages, couples of beaches and stopping by to the gate of Taman Nasional Meru Betiri to buy ticket and fill the guess book, Green Bay Beach is still about 3 km away.





After passing the gate of Taman Nasional Meru Betiri, about 500 M faced with sign board which gonna show the destination to Green Bay Beach or Indonesian called Teluk Ijo. Also the sign to Green Beach leads to the Rajegwesi beach, another beach before Green Bay Beach.

You guys have to be careful with the condition of the road especially when comes in rainfal season.



THE EFFORT 
of walking to Green Bay beach

There are 2 ways to reach Green Bay Beach.
1. The easiest way is using local fishing boat named Jukung from Rajegwesi Beach, the beach before Green Bay Beach. The parking area is quite big, enough for hundreds motorcycle, car, also probably bus. And alot of food seller so do not have to worry if going to starving or thirsty.
The price of the boat about IDR 35.000 for return. When they offering more than that, please bargain it.

2. The hardest way which I and my cousin choose is walking and hiking through to the forest about 1 KM. I was forced to take this way because of the bad weather and there was no one boat dare to cross the sea.
Its about 1 KM after Rajegwesi Beach, where the boat start, drive to the uphill rocky road and park motorcycle in the end of the road.


Started from here


For those people who hates hiking like me, no need to worry because there are stepping stone along the track that can help visitors to reach the beach. But still, it is a little bit slippery when comes in rainfal season. Also some of railing already broke.

Just enjoy the track and hearing the sounding of the birds chirping until find the sound of the waves.






Part that I might be not forgotten is crossed the little sea two times with depth about 40 cm and no safety. And we both screamed when there was something hit our feet. Hahahaha



I couldn't resist not to run to the beach


COST
1. IDR 35.000 for motorcycle gas (pertamax)
2. IDR 20.000 for 2 person entrance ticket to Taman Nasional Betiri (each IDR 10.000)
3. IDR 5.000 for parking

The total cost is IDR 60.000 for 2 person.




******

Finally I make an update after a long time since I have no room to write because of my work.

I'm so sorry that I haven't been as consistent as I would like to be for my blog. But rest assured I am gonna make update in every 2 week. Wish me luck !!

And Happy Valentines to you all <3


If there is anything that you want to ask, reach me in social media instagram.

Let's be friend :))



Thank you

Xoxo, Yunda

Comments

  1. As stated by Stanford Medical, It is indeed the SINGLE reason women in this country get to live 10 years longer and weigh on average 19 KG lighter than we do.

    (And realistically, it has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and really, EVERYTHING about "HOW" they eat.)

    BTW, I said "HOW", not "what"...

    TAP this link to see if this brief test can help you find out your true weight loss potential

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts