Mom's Birthday Present trip to Singapore - Itinerary Day 1

I picked her up in airport and we took selfie

When I asked mom about the birthday gift what she want,
And she said she don't want anything. She's just want to grateful because she had 3 amazing kids that loves her much.

Aaah that's such a sweet words and thanks mom I thought you want hermes bag limited edition with crocodile skin 😜😜 and of course I can't afford that.

******

A few days before I asked mom about her birthday present, I had discussion with my brother and we made a deal that we took mom on a holiday for a week because we knew that mom will never refuse this kind of present. She loves traveling much.

I said to my brother that I don't have much time for holiday. So we decided took mom in Singapore (again) which not really far from Indonesia. I know guys you will boring when you read this 😁😁  but I write this blog for her.
Also you will see alot of mom photos with her weird poses.


So this is a letter for you mom....

Hi mom,
I hope you can read this and use translate to help you.

Thankyou so much for providing us with the strength to help us conquer difficulties...

Thankyou so much you were being such an amazing single parents for us since 9 years ago.....
I know it wasn't easy to took care the 3 of us with different characters. Sometimes you felt like your brain gonna exploded 😂😂

Thankyou so much for always treated us like a hell instead of like a princess or prince...

Without you, there would be no us.
Your love, attention, guidance, have made us who we are.

Without you,  we would be lost.
Wanderin aimlessly, without direction or purpose.

You showed us how to serve, to accomplish, and to preserve.

And many other words that we couldn't write because your sacrifices for us can not be comparing with these words.

Thankyou mom and we love you.
Happy birthday.....


But still I hate when you always begged me "please stay at home and don't think about move to another country" 😂😂😂

Really its a bit annoying mom......


*****

- DAY 1 -
( Sultan Mosque, Haji Lane, Sentosa Island )

Actually our first day was the day before, after I picked her up at Changi airport in the evening and then we had dinner together, eat durian, walked around hotel and sleep.

Durian what Im talking about



IMPIAN WAHYU RESTAURANT
This is a must be place that mom have to visit when in Singapore, reunited with Indonesian people who has indonesian restaurant in Singapore.

A little story, when mom visited Singapore about 4 or 5 years ago, accidentally found this restaurant located in Bugis area. The only one Indonesian restaurant which sell "ayam penyet" (in Indonesian language) or fried chicken with Indonesian typical sauce aka sambal.

Then every time she visited Singapore, she never forget to visit "impian wahyu restaurant" and meet the owner. Like reunited as a javanese people.



Indonesian chicken rice "ayam penyet" for 6$


It isn't that big restaurant, it is just a small restaurant between indian and malaysian restaurant. But alot of Indonesian people comes there.

Nearest MRT is Rochor station, exit D. 
Walk to Jalan Besar Road.


SULTAN MOSQUE
In this trip, I let mom to choose where she wants to go. I also let her to make itinerary which I couldn't trust enough because I know it would be messy.
Sorry mom ✌😁


The first destination was Sultan Mosque or in Bahasa is Masjid Sultan, one of iconic landmark of Singapore in historic Kampong Glam with Golden-domed on the top. Sultan Mosque is the centre piece of the Singapore's moslem community but they are very welcoming to non moslem when they wants to know about this building. With very friendly guides on hand to greet and answer any questions that you may have.

Yeah, not only moslem, non moslem also can get in this building. The guides will introduce about outfit that tourist have to use before join the tour. For the man, they can use sarong, it's like a long skirt. And for the woman, they have to use jubah or long dress.

And then guides will take tourists a little tour to the entire building with explaining one by one about the history and the atchitecture of Sultan Mosque.




Actually I didn't know about the tour schedule time but little that I know they made it after praying time.









Sultan Mosque was built by local merchants and philantropists with mix arabic, Mogul, and Indian architecture styles was designed by Swan and McLaren, one of Singapore's oldest architectural firms.

That was the little part history of Sultan Mosque that I heard from the guide. And I couldn't remember about the other history.
Because usually when I came here, I came for praying. Not for the tour.




Infront of Sultan Mosque there are alot of restaurants and gift shops with an unique interior and architecture building also the colour that made me mindblowing. I couldn't stop to memorize them with my camera.

Anyway in every season they changed the colour of the building. So you will get different colour in different time if you lucky.














You guys, especially indonesian people who find indonesian food, I recommend you to try this cafe.


HAJI LANE - ART STREET
On the other side of Sultan Mosque, there is a popular street named Haji Lane. Located in Kampong Glam, which is still in area Sultan Mosque, or just walk a few minutes. There are alot of Cafe and Bar, boutique, also other kind of shops with an unique interior and wall art.


Haji Lane is about 300 meters way but it will not make you bored. Mostly people came there for taking photos with full colour of art wall as a background.

They said this is the place where kids nowadays come, especially for photo because the place like instagrammable, and the other things like enjoy drinking beer, live music from the bar, or just chit chat with friends.















Unlucky us, when we were there is raining. My feet got trapped in a little flood, also our clothes getting wet. But we still enjoyed because the journey must go on 😂

Anyway there is a little famous coffee shop with a simple coffee with milk named arabica coffe with the logo "%" ,also ice cream shop in the other side. If I have time I will come again and make a review about that.









And there is another pictures that I took from the other side of Haji Lane.





















SENTOSA ISLAND - WINGS OF TIME
Mom had no idea where she wants to go next and I offered her to watch sea show in Sentosa Island.

In this day, I don't know why I feel sleepy like I couldn't even barely open my eyes. Yeah, 3 days before I sleep 3 hours in a day because I worked like crazy.
And then I slept on a train which makes us passed 2 station 😂😂

We get down in to the last station, Harbour Front, in Vivo city mall, and then we find the way to the Sentosa Island. We crossed the sea by walking instead of monorail because I thought I can kill my sleepness by that.





We arrived at Sentosa in 5 pm and the show still 3 hours remaining, which is in 8 pm. We decided to explore Sentosa Island. But I really sleepy. I just sat in coffee shop, bought latte, and let mom walked alone.

I thought mom couldn't make it because her english is limited. And she came back safely with keychain. Yeah I was surprised she bought keychain from the gift shop, by herself, without me.



Proud of you mom

Wings of time
Time show 07.40 pm
Price 18 sgd (Free snack popcorn and 3 sgd off in the gift shop)
Located show on the edge of the Siloso Beach

I bought the ticket in the counter ticket before entering sentosa Island. The staff in the ticket counter said thats probably the show will be failed due to the weather and no guarantee the money back.

So you guys before buy the ticket, make sure the weather is good because the show located outdoor.







I've been watching this show before in the same location but with different attraction and name, Song of the Sea. But I didn't know since when they changed the show become wings of time, with different kind of attraction of course.

Wings of time is one of the popular show in Sentosa Island, located on the edge of Siloso Beach or right after get down from the Siloso monorail station.

Compared to the song of the Sea, wings of time has a lighter story theme and less dialogue between players, with that charming musical accompaniment combined with water play, laser light, and fire effects make this one show truly unforgettable experience.

In case you guys curious about the video of the show, I already uploaded in my instagram Letsgotoholiday










How to get to Sentosa Island :
Nearest MRT is Harbour front station which is in the lower ground and connected with vivo city shopping mall.


There is 3 way to reach Sentosa Island.
1. Hanging cable car with the price 25$ per person and round-trip. You can find it on the highest level or floor of vivo city mall.
2. Monorail with the price 4$ round-trip, with MRT card (make sure you have the enough credit). Also you can find it in the same floor where cable car is.
3. Walking via sentosa broadwalk also it's the free way.


Walking to Sentosa Island via Sentosa broadwalk.

Sentosa broadwalk is the only free way. You can use it without paying anything. And just walk. It probably took 15 or 20 minutes because it's not really walking by foot. There is escalator that can help you to walk.

The others advantages using broadwalk is you can see the view of the harbour, also the big cruise if you lucky.











*****
ITINERARY & BUDGET :
Breakfast chicken rice 6$ x 2     = 12$
Drink mineral water 2L 2$ x 2   =   4$
Top up MRT card (for mom)       = 20$
Ticket Wings of time 18$ x 2      = 36$
Lunch at sentosa island 9$ x 2   = 18$

Total cost for day 1 = 90$

PS : for the price of MRT card is not for a day.

_________________

Itinerary for day 1 is done. I will write for day 2 and another day in the others writing because is gonna be a long story. And probably you'll get bored to read this guys. Wish my writing can help all of you who wants to visit Singapore 🤗🤗

If there is anything that you want to ask, reach me in social media instagram.

Let's be friend :))



Thank you

Xoxo, Yunda

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts