Indonesia Staycation : Telunjuk Raung Waterfall, Banyuwangi



I and mom suddenly went road trip to Banyuwangi, city which is the easternmost island of Java. Also the city where my grandma and moms siblings lived. It wasn't my first time, usually I and my family went to Banyuwangi twice in a year for celebrate eid fitri and others moments. But we were not really explored the city since we thought there is nothing we can do in this small city except beach right behind my grandma's house.


INTRODUCING
Since Banyuwangi has a new governor, they develope Banyuwangi into a potential tourism. Many tourist objects are now present and competing to attract the attention of visitors, both local and foreign including Banyuwangi city. Plus, the ease with the Airport and the number of flight schedules and airlines make tourists visiting Banyuwangi increasingly.

As we know that Banyuwangi has alot of beautiful natural destination, including beach, forest, mountain, also waterfall. 

Before we were heading to Banyuwangi, I made a list about the place that we have to visit. And I choose waterfall. There are alot of waterfall in Banyuwangi, but I choose the safety one also the easiest one to reach with car (mostly tourist used motorcycle).

Telunjuk Raung Waterfall, one of the beautiful waterfall in Songgon, Banyuwangi. Based in my cousin experience, the one who took me to explored Banyuwangi, the place is easy to reach even with a car.

It is called Telunjuk Raung because the flow of the waterfall is like "Telunjuk" in indonesian means index finger in english and the word "Raung" is taken because of the location of the waterfall at the foot of Mount Raung.  Residents around believe that tourists bathing with water from the flow that jumps in Telunjuk Raung can make you stay young.


LOCATION OF TELUNJUK RAUNG WATERFALL
Telunjuk Raung Waterfall is located in Sumberarum Village, Songgon District, Banyuwangi.  The distance is about 40 KM drive from the city center with a travel time of 1 and a half hours.

Village ambience

For tourists if want to go to  Telunjuk Raung Waterfall, there is no public transportation, you have to rent a car or motorcycle or maybe local open trip that you can follow.

It's too difficult when use public transportation because its probably change the public transportation like 3 or 4 times. Also it will be wasting time.

I used my own car and start from 9 am. We rely on the maps in smartphone as a guide (type "Telunjuk Raung Waterfall"). I thought it was an easy and simple destination but it wasn't. Really. We lost twice, took a wrong side of the road, also we lost signal so we couldn't access the maps. The only option is we asked people in there and it's really helpful.

Blessed him 🤗

Even though the road is quite heavy, it's still safe to drive.  Along the road to the location, I enjoyed with the views with opened my car window and smell the fresh air . There are clove garden, rubber, and pine plantations that are quite relieving boredom. 

Clove garden




FACILITIES
We arrived in Telunjuk Raung Waterfall about 11 am. And I was surprised because alot of cars and motorcycle already park in there means alot of people came there since morning. I couldn't imagine how they survived in cold weather in the morning.

Since Telunjuk Raung Waterfall become one of the favourite destination in Songgon district, government develope the place with facilities.

1. Car and motorcyle parking area thats probably enough for bus.


2. Toilet with 4 room and gender separated. Sorry for not taking a picture closely. 


3. Gazebo



4. Musholla, place for moslem people praying





TELUNJUK RAUNG WATERFALL
Started from the gate "welcome to the Telunjuk Raung waterfall" written on it and then I had to passed 3 steps to get to the location of the waterfall.

First Step
After passing through the gate, I had to go down the stairs about 250 steps. First I thought it was difficult since I hate hiking and climbing. But its easy and fun. I enjoyed the view and took alot of pictures of it.

Also you guys don't worry about the steps because every step has a place to rest like handmade bench from bamboo, gazebo, or you can take a rest wherever you want.




Gazebo in the first stop

View from the first stop. Amazing isnt it ?




Second Step
In this step I called it a long step because after I passed my first step through hundreds step of stairs, I still had to go down in another's step of stairs maybe more than 250 if iam not mistaken.




I still amazed with the waterflow when it coming down from the side of the stairs






Third steps
Along down the stairs I heard the sound of the waterfall which is a sign that the center of the waterfall will be getting closer. 
Yeay....

Also the house, in the middle green plant, I thought it's a house (who's gonna built a house in the middle of know where) till I've seen it closely. And its a toilet, LOL 😂 and only for pee. 

Yeah my cousin keep me guessed it. 






I called this place the start of the third step. There is a handmade bamboo bench, but when I tried to take a seat and turned my head, I was amazing because I couldn't believe that I passed alot of stairs (its probably hundreds) and almost reach the waterfall. I decided to took a photo with that beautiful background. 

I walked on the right beside the waterflow and followed the waterflow until I found alot of boys jumped to the water and soaked. They seems had fun.


She's the one who accompanied and helped to take my photo. She's my cousin what I talked about.






Some of them asked me to join. I wish I could join them but I dont have spare clothes to change after that. Especially I can't resist myself not to join when I look at the blue and clearly water. I think its better when I stay dry since the water its really cold.  So I keep walking.




And there it is the "Telunjuk Raung Waterfall". Its reminds me of my childhood when my father took me to another waterfall in another city and let me to get soaked till accomplished.

Look at my uncontrolled excited face. Hahaha

 








About 45 minutes I stayed there, took alot of photos, enjoyed the sound "boom" of the waterfall when it's coming down, get a lil bit soaked (my jeans was totally wet), and feel the cold of the water.

And it's time to go back......











TIPS
Even its just a waterfall with short track, there are alot of tips that maybe you can consider.

1. Use your very comfortable and not too heavy shoes. Forget your flip-flops because the stairs, rocks, and others track it's a bit slippery. Or maybe its better walk with barefoot.


2. Don't forget to bring your drink. That would be better when you use a reusable bottle drink so you will not waste anything in there.


3. Also there are maybe 1 or 2 trash-bin in there but please bring back your garbage or gathered it into one bag and waste in another place. Because you have no idea maybe there is no people waste your garbage and the beautiful place like that would be a dirty place and ended up no one coming again.


Even there is already trash-bin in there, I've seen alooooooot of plastic of snacks or candy spread all over around there. Shame on you guys who did that :(

4. Dont worry about the track because the developer of the place make it comfortable for any ages. There are bamboo railing along the stairs so you can hold on that.

5. Bring your spare clothes in case you want to get wet.

Thats all guys.....
Thank you for spend your time to read.

Anyway you can reach me by social media. And also I uploaded my holiday journey in there.
IG : Letsgotoholiday

Thankyou,







Yunda, xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts